Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Purpose

I have decided to repurpose this website. 1) I seriously fell behind on the reviewing of books yet I still continue(d) to read them; 2) they were never really that good, more reports than review as my brother sagely told me; and 3) I've decided to indulge the narcissistic tendencies of this generation and share my thoughts for the world to read because I think I have something to say.

You are the one to judge whether it is of merit.

I'm feeling wiser at the age of 31. More clarity has been coming and I've been changing because of it. Not drastically but in sure & definite steps. And there are things that bother me and delight me about the everyday encounters of life.

Being a 30-something, intelligent, well-paid, suburban-raised Black women already rubs the mold of stereotypes we all desperately cling to.  Some stick and some fall away; mostly to my amusement and rarely (thankfully) to my chagrin.

c


No comments: